|Intellectual Property and Patents
CEPR researches and offers policy solutions on IP issues such as alternatives to copyrights, financing biomedical and drug research, and software development.
Op-Eds & Columns
Current Drug-Patent System is Bad Medicine
November 24, 2014, Al Jazeera America
A New Economic Slowdown?
November 18, 2014, Politico
Expensive Drugs and Medicaid: Who’s Afraid of Trade?
Al Jazeera America, August, 4, 2014
Will India be the Uber of the Pharmaceutical Industry?
Truthout, June 30 2014
Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement Runs into Serious Resistance Due to Public Scrutiny
The Guardian, November 19, 2013
The Way to a People Centered Economy
October 2014, Dean Baker
New Strategies for Supporting Public and Noncommercial Media
April 30, 2010, Dean Baker's Statement at the Federal Communications Commission’s Future of Media Workshop
Latest Press Hits
- So schlecht hat Big Pharma die Kosten im Griff
Manager Magazin, November 20, 2014
- El otro escándalo silenciado en los medios: la industria farmacéutica
El Ciudadano, November 06, 2014
- Does Innovation Lead to Prosperity for All?
IP Watchdog, July 28, 2014
- The Dollar Value of an Extra Year of Life
The New York Times - Economix, March 28, 2014
- How to Kill Trolls and Influence People: A Patent Solution
The Register, January 06, 2014