|Intellectual Property and Patents
CEPR researches and offers policy solutions on IP issues such as alternatives to copyrights, financing biomedical and drug research, and software development.
Op-Eds & Columns
New Year’s Resolutions: Ten Ways to Combat Upward Redistribution of Income
TruthOut, December 29, 2014
Current Drug-Patent System is Bad Medicine
November 24, 2014, Al Jazeera America
A New Economic Slowdown?
November 18, 2014, Politico
Expensive Drugs and Medicaid: Who’s Afraid of Trade?
Al Jazeera America, August, 4, 2014
Will India be the Uber of the Pharmaceutical Industry?
Truthout, June 30 2014
The Way to a People Centered Economy
October 2014, Dean Baker
New Strategies for Supporting Public and Noncommercial Media
April 30, 2010, Dean Baker's Statement at the Federal Communications Commission’s Future of Media Workshop
Latest Press Hits
- Elizabeth Warren's Got a Clever Idea for Getting Big Pharma Under Control
AlterNet, January 24, 2015
- Elizabeth Warren Takes on Big Pharma
Daily Kos, January 23, 2015
- Increasing Social Security Benefits, Fighting Inequality, and Mocking Fox News
The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow (Daily Kos), January 15, 2015
- Cruelly High Cost of Drugs in U.S.
The Berkshire Eagle, January 03, 2015
- Patents as Weapons of Self Defense
R Street, December 15, 2014