For information and analysis on relief efforts in Haiti, visit out our new blog: Haiti: Relief and Reconstruction Watch.
Haiti: Relief and Reconstruction Watch looks at Haiti four years after the earthquake with updated figures and statistics.
Press release: "Four Years after Earthquake, Housing, Sanitation, Health Care are Still Pressing Needs in Haiti," January 9, 2014
Op-Eds & Columns
Outsourcing Haiti: How Disaster Relief Became a Disaster of its Own
Boston Review, January 16, 2014
Forty Years After “The Other September 11,” Much of Allende’s Dream Has Come True
Al Jazeera English, September 13, 2013
The U.N.’s Crimes Have Killed Thousands in Haiti – When Will They Pay?
Caribbean Journal, March 1, 2013
More Pressure Necessary to Get Desperately Needed Clean Water to Haiti
Al Jazeera English, December 12, 2012
The UN Caused Haiti's Cholera Epidemic, Now it Must End It
The Guardian Unlimited, November 12, 2012
OAS: Economics, Democracy, Haiti
June 6, 2005, Remarks by Mark Weisbrot before the Organization of American States General Assembly, Meeting Between Civil Society Organizations, the Secretary General, and Heads of Delegations En español
Latest Press Hits
- Congress Unanimously Passes Increased Oversight on USAID in Haiti
Telesur, August 13, 2014
- U.S. Congress Passed a Bill to Track Where Has Gone the Billions of Dollars to Rebuild Haiti
The Mass Media, August 05, 2014
- Where Has All the Haiti Aid Money Gone? U.S. to Keep Closer Track
Reuters, July 30, 2014
- UN Chief Slammed for Taking Photo-Op, Not Responsibility for Cholera Epidemic
Common Dreams, July 15, 2014
- Why Are Haitians Still Eating Mud Cakes?
New Internationalist Magazine, July 01, 2014