Want to know about our job openings before anyone else? You can sign up for announcements here.
Program Assistant (International Program)
Organization Description: The Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) was established in 1999 to promote democratic debate on the most important economic and social issues that affect people's lives. It is an independent nonpartisan think tank based in Washington, DC. CEPR functions as an economic "truth squad," conducting professional research and getting it out to the media, policy-makers, and advocates.
Job Description: The Program Assistant is responsible for a variety of important duties within the organization. He/She will play an essential role in a number of daily tasks assisting the research, outreach and communications staff.
Approximately 40 percent of the Program Assistant's time will be spent preparing documents for publication, which includes proofreading and formatting papers, columns, and press releases for the CEPR website and listservs, in both English and Spanish. Another 40 percent will be spent working on various multimedia projects, including managing the website and editing images and audio/video files. The remaining 20 percent consists of various administrative tasks, including assisting in the arrangement of meetings or conferences, serving as a back-up to the office manager, and performing other miscellaneous duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent background.
- Experience with website content management systems, email blasting programs, publication layout/design, and word processing, spreadsheet, and database software preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment, ability to work independently and with team, good written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and sense of humor necessary.
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish, with ability to accurately perform and proofread translations.
- A shared commitment to CEPR's mission and values.
- Background in or familiarity with current events in Latin America and/or the eurozone a strong plus.
Salary & Benefits: CEPR offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. This position will be represented by the International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers, Local #70, AFL-CIO.
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter, salary requirement, and a brief (one page minimum) answer to the question “How can the US improve its foreign policy toward Latin America?” via email to jobs[at]cepr.net. The start date for this position is the last week of August. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. No calls, faxes or questions over social media please.
CEPR is an equal opportunity employer that considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any legally protected status.