April 13, 2010
April 15, 2010
Wall Street and Economic Experts, Labor Leaders, Consumer, Development and Global Health Advocates to Hold Press Conference on Financial Speculation Tax
National Press Club
529 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20045
Wall Street and economic experts, labor leaders, and consumer, development and global health advocates held a press conference to push for a Financial Speculation Tax. The group called on President Obama and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner to embrace this tax and on Congress to move swiftly to enact it.
- Damon A. Silvers, Director of Policy and Special Counsel, AFL-CIO
- John Fullerton, former Managing Director, JPMorgan
- Raymond C. Offenheiser, President, Oxfam America
- Sarita Gupta, Executive Director, Jobs with Justice
- Dean Baker, Co-Director, Center for Economic and Policy Research
- Dr. Paul Zeitz, Executive Director, Global AIDS Alliance
- Robert Weissman, President, Public Citizen.